How to Post?
Atop the discussion area, you will see a box that invites you to post. Click into the "Let your thoughts take flight" area and off you go!
A menu will appear asking you what type of post you'd like to make. Choose from the options and the post panel will appear.
What is Different?
When creating a discussion or "seeking advice" post, you'll notice a few things you have never seen before when posting in a forum or on Facebook. This article will review those attributes and help you understand why they are there and how to best use them to make your post discoverable by other pilots.
- Post Topic. The system may require at least ONE but no more than TWO post topics for each post. The post topic is one of many topics located on the right side of the discussion area (some communities may have it on the left). Having one or two topics assigned to your post helps people easily find it even months or years in the future.
- Post Specialty/Brand. The system requires at least ONE specialty or brand (depending on how the community is set up). Having a specialty/brand makes your post doubly discoverable when combined with a topic.
- Post Product. This option may not appear in your post panel if the community administrator has elected to use products as a main filter. You may optionally connect your post with a brand and model name. As we accumulate content linked to products, members will be able to make very narrow searches for posts that address the question they have (e.g. display all posts about the SUPER WIDGET > ASSEMBLY).
- Seeking Advice. If you select the "seeking advice" option while posting, the resulting post will permit comments BUT NO REPLIES TO COMMENTS other than by the original poster. In addition, members will be able to up or down vote any comment (versus replying to it) in order to give the original poster a sense of which response represents the community consensus on the best advice. Without extraneous back-and-forth replies, the advice is easier for the poster to draw accurate conclusions.
- Posting Video and Images. Posting images is easy. You can drag and drop or pull from your phone library or desktop files. For videos, you may use YouTube or Vimeo embeds. In a future release, we will support a direct upload of videos to a post.