You may choose whether to utilize some of the main areas of the platform.
- The buy & sell area is great for communities that have items to exchange but possibly not beneficial for retailers who use the community for their own products.
- Commercial profiles allow individuals to set up business accounts and create brand pages for each of their brands.
- The badge feature allows you to create "ranks" based on follower counts and design badges for achieving those ranks. Badges are shown adjacent to the user's name on all posts.
- The "Under Construction" page is only useful during site setup.
You can restrict the type of user who can create a brand and those who can create a club. You may add more than one user type.
- You must assign an existing active category where events will be cataloged in the event you are using an integrated calendar import (currently on radio control flying sites have this).
- Filter preservation lets the system know how to preserve the filters a user chooses during a session.
- Don't Preserve. If this is selected, whenever the user RELOADS the entire site, the filters they had selected get reset.
- Cookie Based. If this is selected, the user's filters get preserved unless the cookie is destroyed or expires.
- Permanent. If this is selected, the user's filters get stored in the database and stay put unless the user clears them from the site controls.
YOU MUST CLICK THE "SAVE" BUTTON ATOP THE PAGE FOR YOUR SETTINGS TO TAKE EFFECT.